juul vape marijuana alcohol opiods meth prescription drugs food
Trying to deal with life’s problems isn’t easy, but getting hooked on stuff that’s bad for you isn’t a good solution. We’ve all made choices we regret, but it doesn’t have to be a life sentence. You can choose to make it better for yourself.
- The e-cigarette aerosol that users breathe from the device and exhale can contain harmful and potentially harmful substances, including:
- Ultrafine particles that can be inhaled deep into the lungs
- Flavoring such as diacetyl, a chemical linked to a serious lung disease
- Volatile organic compounds
- Cancer-causing chemicals
- Heavy metals such as nickel, tin, and lead
- It is difficult for consumers to know what e-cigarette products contain. For example, some e-cigarettes marketed as containing zero percent nicotine have been found to contain nicotine.
Why Is Nicotine Unsafe for Kids, Teens, and Young Adults?
- Most e-cigarettes contain nicotine—the addictive drug in regular cigarettes, cigars, and other tobacco products.
- Nicotine can harm the developing adolescent brain. The brain keeps developing until about age 25.